Today is the beginning of the rest of my life

Sunday, October 15, 2006

one more year

Friday 13th marked the official day of yet another year older. Another year of new happenings, losses, triumphs, all of them lasting memories. Be they good or bad, i'm thankful that now i have them to add to the collection i already have in my head. I think the most precious thing we have, that belongs to us alone, are our memories. I will never forget the way an old song playing on the ferry made me go back to 13 years ago, dancing between to parents and to this exact same song. Or the way my first puppy felt in my hands and the wetness of his nose when i gently kissed him. Or the first time i tried vodka and thought it tasted like puke. Or the very first time when someone in primary school told me that he liked me.

Cheers. Here's to many more of these years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home